Discretionary management is appropriate for clients who wish to delegate all investment decisions to Bedrock. Our investment process defines the structuring of their portfolio as well as its implementation and management. We continuously monitor risk against a number of metrics and discuss, with our clients, investment performance, themes and actions at regular meetings. We are transparent, accountable and available at all times and in all aspects of the investment process.
For global portfolios, LMG will provide an asset allocation service based on the following:
- Assessment of the risk/return characteristics of the portfolio
- Definition of strategic ranges (percentages) for each asset class
- Choice of tactical asset allocation
- Constant monitoring and updating of the asset allocation in light of market conditions and performance
LMG's asset allocation process is greatly enhanced by:
- Its participation in an Investment Committee which regroups a number of highly qualified investment professional located in different parts of the world
- Its privileged access to a long standing and highly sophisticated quantitative model, including macro-economic forecasts, monetary conditions and market valuation indicators which provide a significant edge in assessing the appropriate level of risk and optimising asset exposure in a portfolio
Portfolio of Selected Managers / Funds
Consistent with its objective of providing a highly professional and global asset management service, LMG has devised an offering consisting of:
- A core product offering global exposure to all asset classes within a tightly controlled risk and cost environment
- A selection of highly specific strategies run by managers with whom LMG has had a close and long standing relationship
Direct investment in specific market opportunities
LMG strongly believes that clients portfolios should not only be invested in funds but also include direct investments in bonds, equities or other financial instruments.
LMG offers for such investments a well defined approach combining opportunistic trading and deep value investing. Trading can be characterised as trend following and event driven with a time horizon of 1 week to 6 months. More long term investments, 6 months to 2 years, will be sought in undervalued/distressed situations.
Overall LMG's direct investments will generally have a higher risk/reward profile than the rest of the portfolio.